COEL is running a competition for 7 to 18 year-olds to imagine the workplaces of the future.
COEL design workplaces and they want to hear young people’s creative solutions about what they want to see in the future workplace. The competition is open to all 7-18 year olds in the city and alongside COEL, the competition is sponsored by Bidwells, Allia Future Business Centre and Cambridge Science Centre in partnership with the Cambridge Independent.
To enter, young people need to provide:
- A single drawing either free hand or by computer in JPEG format, and;
- A short write up describing the design and what they want to see in the future workplace (no more than 100 words)
The competition is looking to learn what the next generation of children will value in the workplace, what they see as being essential and exciting facilities they hope to see when they go to work. The workplace can be anywhere (e.g. offices, schools, hospitals, banks, restaurants, beauty salons) and can be really imaginative about what makes your workplace design unique and special to you.
For each age category, there will be the following prizes:
- 1st: £150 Amazon vouchers.
- Each first prize winner will also get to nominate a charity which will receive a £50 donation. The school/college of the first prize winner for each age category will also receive £150.
- 2nd: £100 Amazon vouchers
- 3rd: £50 Amazon vouchers
Entries need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 24, 2021.