From Monday 14th December to Thursday 17th December, a series of pop-up markets were held on CB1 next to the Clayton Hotel (formerly the Tamburlaine).
On every day in the last full week before Christmas, we ran daily pop-up markets with a different trader selling gifts to browse and buy.
On Tuesday 15th December, we were joined by Toke Jewellery, a sustainably driven jewellery company. They have an approach of making appealing jewellery with a clear focus on using environmentally-friendly and recycled materials.
On Thursday 17th December, the Copper Tree were back again at the CB1 Christmas pop-up alongside Malloys Craft Butchery and the Clayton Hotel. The charity stall from the Clayton Hotel was raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
For every pop-up market, it was very cold and the footfall was generally quiet but we are pleased we were able to make a Christmas offering to local people at CB1. Hopefully we will be able to hold a full Christmas market this year and introduce monthly pop-up markets.
The last thing to say is to thank everyone involved. Especially in the circumstances with Covid-19 disruption, it would not have been possible for the pop-ups to go ahead without the hard work of so many people. Below are some of those people/organisations (not an exhaustive list):
- Our traders:
- Estate wardens James and Damian for logistical support throughout the week and beyond
- The Clayton Hotel for providing logistical support for the event
- Duncan from Bidwells for his support throughout
- Cambridge City Council Markets and Licensing Teams for their advice
- Tony from Hyline Security for arranging security presence
- RG Carter for logistical support