The first CB1 Christmas market took place on Wednesday 18th December next to the Tamburlaine. Festivities were in full swing as a choir sang, festive food and drink were served up and fantastic gifts were browsed and bought from local businesses.
This was the first CB1 Christmas market held following suggestions from local stakeholders. We were pleased to deliver a Christmas market on the estate for people to enjoy especially with a week to go until the big day! We were joined by a host of local businesses offering up different gift ideas, festive food and drink and Christmas decorations. We were also joined by some carollers from St Alban’s Primary who sang some fantastic Christmas classics.
The weather was cold but the spirit was warm and the marquee was a hive of activity. We’ve heard some good feedback about the market which is excellent. We want to do more of this kind of event to help bring people together on CB1 and hopefully this has been a good step in doing this.
The last thing to say before wishing you a Merry Christmas is to thank everyone involved. The market was a large event and it would not have been possible for it to go ahead without the hard work of so many people. Below are some of those people/organisations (not an exhaustive list):
- Our traders:
- St Alban’s Primary School for their carols – Mrs Burrows in particular
- Estate wardens James and Damian for helping set up the marquee and for logistical support throughout the day and beyond
- Anne, Steve and Sue from Indie Cambridge for their invaluable support and contacts
- CB1 Business Centre for providing logistical support for the event
- Michael from Bidwells for his support throughout
- All Corner’s Cleaning for logistical support
- Tony and Fred from Hyline Security for arranging security presence
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!