The CB1 Community picnic took place on Thursday 30th May from 12pm until 2pm. We had around 20 people join us during the course of the picnic and it was great to see some residents staying out on the green after the event!
We would like to say thank you to various people/groups for the picnic. We’d like to thank:
- Sainsbury’s (Station Road branch) for their donation of free food
- Everyone who donated food to be shared at the picnic
- Host for providing garden games
- Roberto at Zio Mario for selling ice cream
- Ibrahim for playing his instrument
- Ling Ling of Ling’s Steam Kitchen for supporting the event
- Tony of the Bike Station for supporting the event
- Chihuahua’s Modern Mexican Street Food for supporting the picnic and selling food
- The estate warden team and Bidwells for support in setting up
- And above all, thank YOU to those who came along!
Hopefully it was an enjoyable time and hopefully it helped enable neighbours to catch up but also to meet new people and strike up conversations. That is what Big Lunch is all about!
Going forward, we would like to do more of these kind of things that help people get together and have conversations. Expect more to be happening over the next few months!
Thanks again for getting involved! We hope to see you at the next one!