Brookgate has commenced the final landscape enhancements to Mill Park after receiving back control of the fenced-off area from Hill who have completed remedial works on the original scheme. The work is being carried out at Brookgate’s cost having listened to residents’ concerns.
The changes to the previous scheme will be as follows:
- Existing large area of lawn broken up with a series of oval raised planters making the park less conducive to organised ball games and more suited for a variety of informal play and recreation.
- Raised planters are located on the same grid as the existing oval planters on the upper paved terrace, south of the lawn, thereby creating visual cohesion between the two areas.
- The series of spaces created by the raised planters range in size, whilst retaining good visibility throughout Mill Park.
- New permeable gravel footpaths and a series of steps to the upper terrace will create improved access for pedestrians across the park.
You view an image gallery showing computer-generated images of the park as it will look after enhancement, plus some photos of work underway.
These landscaping works are scheduled to run between May and July 2018 and residents and users of Mill Park are asked to be patient whilst these are completed. The park will be re-opened for public use at the earliest opportunity in Summer 2018 once the grassed areas have recovered. We shall post updates on likely opening date as soon as we can predict this.
For further information please contact:
- CB1 Estate Office: 07930 734836
- Fordham Landscapes: 01638 721326