Following on from our first successful Residents meeting that we held on 21st February, we were delighted to hold our second residents meeting in Crick House in Mill Park on the evening of Wednesday 28th March. The objectives of the meeting were to:
- Hear from key partners in CB1 who they are, what they do, what they are accountable for.
- Discuss and agree how to involve other residents.
- Discuss and agree next steps and priorities.
The following Partners gave a short presentation on who they are, what they do, and what they are accountable for:
a) Bidwells – Daniel Fordham, Facilities Manager
b) Encore – Luke Ford, Property Manager
c) BPHA – Carly Meagher, Community Development Manager
d) Cambridgeshire Police – Safer Communities Team, and Constabulary Sgt Jim Stevenson
e) Downing Students: The Railyard – John Bryce, Halls Manager
f) Host – Wendy Marshgreen
The presentations were followed by a very useful Q&A session which covered Estate Management (e.g. residents wanted more clarity on cost control when paying for contractors & services), Resident involvement, and Anti-social Behaviour (e.g. discussion of any ‘hotspots’).
It was generally felt that the meeting was successful and rewarding for attendees. Full notes from the meeting are available here. You can view and download the presentations below:
- Bidwells, Cambridge City Council and BPHA presentations (one PDF)
- Downing Students presentation notes
- Encore Vesta presentation
- Encore Ceres presentation
It was agreed that the next Residents meeting would take place on Monday 21st May from 7.00pm-8.30pm, again in Crick House in Mill Park. Aldwych, the City Council & Cambridge BID will be invited to the meeting.